Do you have an interest in helping libraries cultivate literacy, community, and social interaction? Would you like to be part of an organization that helps create a sustainable future for Tredyffrin Township Libraries?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, consider applying to become a volunteer member of the Tredyffrin Township Library Foundation Board of Directors.
Foundation Board members terms shall be for three (3) years or such other period as may be designated by the Tredyffrin Township Libraries' Board of Trustees.
Typical duties of the Board include:
- Attending Board meetings on a regular basis
- Active involvement in fundraising, public relations, and development initiatives
- Donor gift appreciation outreach
- Attend special events (as required)
- Create strong ties with the Tredyffrin Township community
- Review and approve policy and procedure recommendations for the Foundation through Board action
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Foundation and the Library
- Advocacy and Personal Involvement
- Board Meeting Attendance – Quarterly meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of March, June (annual meeting), September, and December. Meetings are approximately 2 hours.
- Committee Participation.
- Develop relationships with other organizations and individuals on behalf of the Foundation and the Library.
- Recruitment – Identify strong candidates for committee work, community advocacy, or philanthropy.
- Annual Support – Encouraged to make a meaningful personal annual gift, and solicit friends, family, colleagues and neighbors on the library’s behalf.
- Consider making a planned gift to the Foundation.
- Fundraising Events – Participate in fundraising and donor appreciation events by helping with planning and execution, attending, and bringing others.
Please consider applying if you have experience in these areas:
- Public Relations
- Non-profit management
Please submit a letter of interest & resume to interim library director Mallory Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "foundation treasurer".