TPL Children’s Department is looking for Teen Volunteers for Summer 2023!
The Tredyffrin Public Library is now accepting applications for Teen Volunteers this summer in the Children’s Department. Opportunities include assisting patrons at the Reading Club Table, assembling craft kits, live programs, and shelving. Teens must be ages 13-17. To apply, please:
- Fill out the Application and Waiver and return them in person to the Children’s Desk or as email attachments to email@example.com.
- Register for an in-person orientation session at tredyffrinlibraries.org. You must do this prior to turning in your application or it will not be processed.
The deadline to apply is June 1. Questions? Please read through the Application and Information Sheet thoroughly and, if you still need assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response within 72 hours.
Information Packet ♦ Volunteer Application ♦ Volunteer Waiver
What kinds of things could I volunteer to do at the library?
Programming (must be age 13+ by June 1, 2023 to apply)
- Hands-on program assistance (including but not limited to: greeting registrants and making nametags; creating sample crafts; setting up; cleaning up; assisting participants; these volunteers will need to be able to commit to specific program schedules)
- Kit assembly (including but not limited to: working independently onsite; assembling supply kits for programs and Grab&Go projects)
- Reading Club (including but not limited to: helping children and their caregivers register for and participate in both versions of our hybrid reading club; helping participants navigate the steps of participation along the way; handing out prizes and raffle tickets)
Library Maintenance (must be age 15+ by June 1, 2023 to apply)
- Shelving (including but not limited to: keeping the collection in EXACT numerical and alphabetical order; dusting and cleaning shelves; shifting books; pulling items for display or reserve requests)