Tredyffrin Public Library and Paoli Library donors are devoted community members who believe libraries are essential. Thanks to our donors, our libraries are the heart of our community, THE place that people of all ages come for inspiration, connection and information. Our holdings, programs, and resources are expanding every day, but public funding is not enough to keep up with the libraries’ growth. That’s where our donors come in! Contributions of every size help our librarians choose materials, create programs and improve our spaces as our community changes and grows.
The Annual Fund
Gifts to the Annual Fund are powerful. They support current operations at Paoli Library and Tredyffrin Library and the endowment held by the Tredyffrin Township Library Foundation. Gift to the Annual Fund ensure that :
• Families can find books, movies and more to share, and can connect with one another at story times, performances and special events.
• School-age children find books and materials they need to support their learning in school, and can meet friends in art, technology and science classes.
• Teens can connect in their own space, where they can socialize, chat or read, and participate in programs catered to their interests.
• Adults can borrow the latest best-seller; find materials to support their work or hobbies; participate in book groups, bridge games, mahjong and chess tournaments; and enjoy authors and other speakers
Donors can select what your contribution will support: current operations at Tredyffrin Public Library, current operations at Paoli Library, or the Foundation’s endowment for future needs at both libraries. Gifts can be made in honor or in memory of a loved one.
or mail or deliver your check to:
Tredyffrin Township Libraries
582 Upper Gulph Road
Strafford, PA 19087
Matching gifts increase the impact of your gift to the library! We’ve compiled a list of some companies that offer matching gifts. Please consider asking your company if they will match your gift even if they’re not listed here.
If you need help completing your company’s matching gift, please contact Rachel Kramer.
Heart of the Community Society
Our most generous donors are members of the Heart of the Community Society. This includes those who give at least $120 each year. Donors at this level enjoy a variety of benefits:
- For donations of $10-$20/month or $120-$240/year:
- Subscription to The Beat online donor newsletter
- Book dedicated in your or a loved one’s honor, upon request
- For donations of $21-50/month or $252-$600/year, all benefits above plus:
- Library book tote bag, to be picked up at the circulation desk at either library after August 1.
- Invitation to fall donor reception
- For donations of $51+/month or $612+/year, all benefits above plus:
- Lunch or coffee with the Library Director or your favorite librarian, upon request
- A “Shelfie” – your or your family’s photo on a shelf of your choice at Tredyffrin Public Library or Paoli Library – upon request
Donors, you will receive notification of your benefits near August 1 and/or February 1 each year, or you may request your benefits by emailing Rachel Kramer.
Community Legacy Society
If the future of Tredyffrin Township Libraries matters to you, use the present to invest in the libraries’ future. Consider including the libraries in your will, trust, estate plans, or as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement fund. Learn more about Legacy Giving.
PAVE THE WAY Campaign
For gifts of at least $200, you may choose to have a customized paver installed on the beautiful Tredyffrin Public Library terrace in honor or memory of your family, friends, business or organization. Learn more about the campaign and found out how to donate and order your paver today!
Contact Rachel Kramer at email@example.com or 610.688.7092 x 204 with questions about the campaign.
Give an Honorary or Memorial Gift of Books
You may give a gift of at least $25 to purchase books in celebration or remembrance of someone special. You may direct your gift to books in a certain genre or subject area special to your honoree. Librarians will select books and put book plates inside to commemorate your gift. To make an honorary or memorial gift of books, please contact:
Rachel Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.688.7092 x 204
Volunteer for the Libraries
Tredyffrin Public Library and Paoli Library are grateful for the support of many volunteers who perform a myriad of tasks such as shelving books, assisting with special events, and lending expertise. Find out how to help on the Volunteer page.
Join The Friends
The Tredyffrin and Paoli Library Friends groups are volunteers who promote, support, and advocate for the library. They are champions of the library! Learn more about The Friends of Tredyffrin Public Library and The Friends of the Paoli Library.
Donate Books and other Materials
The Friends of Tredyffrin Public Library accept donations of books and materials for the Red Fox Book Shop, a resale shop located on the lower level of the library. Find details on the Friends page.
Paoli Library accepts donations of books and materials for their on-going lobby sales and book sales. Drop off your donation at the library or contact Beverly Michaels at email@example.com or 610.296.7996.
**Please note that the Tredyffrin and Paoli Friends accept book donations during specific collection times. Check the website before bringing items to donte.**