Tredyffrin Public Library and Paoli Library are the heart of our community, providing inspiration, connection and information for children, adults, families, and seniors. Our holdings, programs, and resources are expanding every day, but public funding has not kept up. During the pandemic, the libraries provided a large menu of virtual programs, ranging from story times to language classes to trivia nights and more. Reference librarians were available via chat and email. We also invested as much as possible in electronic books and materials for check out. Costs associated with this “virtual library” combined with loss of onsite revenues including room rentals, fines and printing and copying during the COVID-19 pandemic, placed financial strain on our already tight budget. Financial support from the community is necessary for us to acquire materials, move forward with inspired and engaging in-person, hybrid, and virtual programs, and maintain our beloved physical gathering spaces.
Give to the Annual Fund
Each year, 20% of our libraries’ budgets come from donations to the Annual Fund. Gifts to the Annual Fund are powerful. They ensure that:
• Families can find books, movies, and more to share, and can connect with one another at story times, performances, and special events.
• School-age children find books and materials they need to support their learning in school, and can meet friends in art, technology, and science classes.
• Teens connect in their own space, where they can socialize, chat, or read, and participate in programs catered to their interests and needs.
• Adults borrow the latest best-seller; find materials to support their work or hobbies; participate in book groups, bridge games, mahjong and chess tournaments; and enjoy authors and other speakers.
You may make a gift to the Annual Fund at any time. You may also choose to make your gift in honor or in memory of a loved one.
You may direct your gift to current operations at either Tredyffrin Public Library or Paoli Library, or to future needs by giving to the Tredyffrin Township Library Foundation.
The Foundation maintains an endowment fund that provides an ongoing, reliable revenue stream that supports operations and special programs and ensures the libraries’ viability into the future. A gift to the endowment fund supports the libraries indefinitely.
or mail or deliver your check to:
Tredyffrin Township Libraries
582 Upper Gulph Road
Strafford, PA 19087
Does your company offer matching gift? We’ve compiled a list of some companies that offer matching gifts. Please consider asking your company if they will match your gift even if they’re not listed here.
If you need help completing your company’s matching gift, please contact Rachel Kramer.
Heart of the Community Society
Our most generous donors are members of the Heart of the Community Society. This includes those who give at least $120 each year. Donors at this level enjoy a variety of benefits:
- For donations of $10-$25/month or $120-$300/year:
- Subscription to The Beat online donor newsletter
- Book dedicated in your or a loved one’s honor, upon request
- For donations of $26-50/month or $301-$600/year, all benefits above plus:
- Library book tote bag, to be picked up at the circulation desk at either library after August 1.
- Invitation to fall donor reception
- For donations of $51+/month or $612+/year, all benefits above plus:
- Lunch or coffee with the Library Director or your favorite librarian, upon request
- A “Shelfie” – your or your family’s photo on a shelf of your choice at Tredyffrin Public Library or Paoli Library – upon request
Donors, you will receive notification of your benefits near August 1 and/or February 1 each year, or you may request your benefits, by emailing Rachel Kramer.
Community Legacy Society
If the future of Tredyffrin Township Libraries matters to you, use the present to invest in the library’s future. Consider including the libraries in your will, trust, estate plans, or as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy or retirement fund. Learn more about Legacy Giving.
PAVE THE WAY Campaign
Customized pavers are available on the beautifully renovated terrace at Tredyffrin Public Library. Honor your family, friends, business or organization to support life-long learning in our community. Proceeds supplement government funding for Tredyffrin Public Library and Paoli Library. Learn more about the campaign and found out how to order your paver today!
Contact Rachel Kramer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.688.7092 x 204 with questions about the campaign.
Give an Honorary or Memorial Gift of Books
You may give a gift of at least $25 to purchase books in celebration or remembrance of someone special. You may direct your gift to books in a certain genre or subject area special to your honoree. Librarians will select books and put book plates inside to commemorate your gift. To make an honorary or memorial gift of books, please contact:
Rachel Kramer at email@example.com or 610.688.7092 x 204
Volunteer for the Libraries
Tredyffrin Public Library and Paoli Library are grateful for the support of many volunteers who perform a myriad of tasks such as shelving books, assisting with special events, and lending expertise. Find out how to help on the Volunteer page.
Please note that due to COVID-19, volunteers are not allowed to work at the libraries.
Join The Friends
The Tredyffrin and Paoli Library Friends groups are volunteers who promote, support, and advocate for the library. They are champions of the library! Learn more about The Friends of Tredyffrin Public Library and The Friends of the Paoli Library.
Donate Books and other Materials
The Friends of Tredyffrin Public Library accept donations of books and materials for the Red Fox Book Shop, a resale shop located on the lower level of the library. Find details on the Friends page.
Paoli Library accepts donations of books and materials for their on-going lobby sales and twice-yearly book sales. Drop off your donation at the library or contact Beverly Michaels at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.296.7996.
** Please note that we are unable to accept donations of books and materials at this time, due to COVID-19.**