The Tredyffrin Township Libraries Board of Trustees is currently accepting applications for open Board seats.
The Board of Trustees consists of nine members appointed by the Tredyffrin Township Board of Supervisors. Trustees serve a three-year term and may elect to be re-appointed for up to 3 consecutive terms. Candidates must believe that libraries are vital to the overall health and well-being of a community and have an interest in helping libraries cultivate literacy and social interaction. Trustees play an integral role in leadership of the library organization and are active participants in library programs.
Prior non-profit experience is preferred and personal motivation to support the library is also ideal. Further information the Board of Trustees is here.
Typical duties of the Board include
- Securing funding for library operations and special projects
- Approving expenditures of library funds and establishing and approving the annual budget
- Establishing library policies
- Improving library services
- Attending Board meetings on a regular basis
Advocacy and Personal Involvement
- Board Meeting Attendance – Regular meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each calendar month, January to October. The November and December meetings are combined and held on the second Thursday of December. Meetings are approximately 2 hours.
- Committee Participation – Actively participate on one or more committees.
- Recruitment – Identify strong candidates for committee work, community advocacy, or philanthropy.
- Annual Support – Make a meaningful personal annual gift, and submit a list of friends, family, colleagues and neighbors you will solicit on the library’s behalf.
- Fundraising Events – Participate in fundraising and donor appreciation events by helping to plan and execute, attending, and bringing others.
- Must be at least 18 years old and a citizen of Tredyffrin Township
- Must be willing to commit about 6 hours per month, including at least one 2 hour evening meeting
- Must be willing to be active, vocal advocates for the library
Please submit a letter of interest & resume to library director Chris Kibler at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "library board" or complete the form below.