Do you have an interest in helping libraries cultivate literacy, community, and social interaction? Would you like to be part of an organization that helps create a sustainable future for Tredyffrin Township Libraries? Do you have a background in finance or bookkeeping? If you answered “yes” to these questions, consider applying to become a member of the Tredyffrin Township Libraries Board of Trustees. Currently, the Library Board has an opening for Library Board Treasurer.The Board of Trustees consists of nine members appointed by the Tredyffrin Township Board of Supervisors. Trustees serve a three-year term and may elect to be re-appointed for up to 3 consecutive terms. Trustees play an integral role in leadership of the library organization and are active participants in library programs.
Typical duties of the Board include:
- Securing funding for library operations and special projects
- Approving expenditures of library funds and establishing and approving the annual budget
- Establishing library policies
- Improving library services
- Attending Board meetings on a regular basis
- Advocacy and Personal Involvement
- Board Meeting Attendance – Regular meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each calendar month except the November and December meetings are combined and held on the second Thursday of December. Meetings are approximately 2 hours.
- Committee Participation – Actively participate on one or more committees.
- Recruitment – Identify strong candidates for committee work, community advocacy, or philanthropy.
- Annual Support – Make a meaningful personal annual gift, and solicit friends, family, colleagues and neighbors on the library’s behalf.
- Fundraising Events – Participate in fundraising and donor appreciation events by helping with planning and execution, attending, and bringing others.
Please consider applying if you have experience in these areas:
Applicants must include a letter of interest and a resume. Please submit application materials to library director Chris Kibler at email@example.com and include the subject line “Library Board Application”