Do you have an interest in helping libraries cultivate literacy, community, and social interaction? Would you like to be part of an organization that helps create a sustainable future for Tredyffrin Township Libraries?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, consider applying to become a member of the Tredyffrin Township Library Foundation Board of Directors.
Foundation Board members terms shall be for three (3) years or such other period as may be designated by the Tredyffrin Township Libraries’ Board of Trustees.
Typical duties of the Board and as Treasurer include:
- Manage or oversee the management of the financial affairs of the foundation, such as reconciling bank statements and managing cash flow.
- Provide accurate transaction summaries of investments
- Responsible for completing, or ensuring the completion of, required financial reporting forms (including the IRS Form 990) in a timely manner and making these forms available for the board’s review.
- Help improve investment return on cash held
- Attending Board meetings on a regular basis
- Public advocate for the organization
- Active involvement in fundraising, public relations, and development initiatives
- Donor gift appreciation outreach
- Attend special events (as required)
- Create strong ties with the Tredyffrin Township community
- Review and approve policy and procedure recommendations for the Foundation through Board action
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Foundation and the Library
- Advocacy and Personal Involvement
- Board Meeting Attendance – Quarterly meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of March, June (annual meeting), September, and December. Meetings are approximately 2 hours.
- Committee Participation
- Frequent interaction with officers to communicate the financial affairs
- Prepare timely financial reports with high standards and integrity
- Develop relationships with other organizations and individuals on behalf of the Foundation and the Library.
- Recruitment – Identify strong candidates for committee work, community advocacy, or philanthropy.
- Annual Support – Encouraged to make a meaningful personal annual gift, and solicit friends, family, colleagues and neighbors on the library’s behalf.
- Consider making a planned gift to the Foundation.
- Fundraising Events – Participate in fundraising and donor appreciation events by helping with planning and execution, attending, and bringing others.
- Assist with any treasurer role transitions
Please consider applying if you have experience in these areas:
- Accounting (ideally licensed CPA or previously worked for an accounting firm)
- Non-profit management
Please submit a letter of interest & resume to library director Chris Kibler at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “foundation treasurer”