Tredyffrin Public Library is seeking a part-time Children’s Programming Assistant. We are seeking a flexible, friendly, enthusiastic team player that enjoys working with young children.
Programming Assistant is responsible for creating educational, literacy based programming to children ages birth-12 years old focusing on children ages 8-12. The successful candidate will create and implement Maker programming, STEAM programming and facilitating a book club for children ages 8-12.
This position also involves providing customer service at our busy children’s circulation desk. This aspect of the position involves checking in and out materials, answering phones, providing reader’s advisory in children’s literature, shelving books, providing kind, helpful customer service. This position requires strong organizational and communication skills, flexibility, ingenuity, patience, and an enjoyment of public service, especially with children and parents.
This position reports to the Children’s Librarian and the Circulation Manager.
EOE employer. Position open until filled.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Excellent organizational and verbal communications skills, flexibility, genuine enjoyment of the public in general and specifically working with children, commitment to public service, and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- The ability to master basic and specialized online circulation functions, and demonstrate current PC proficiency including internet, email and Microsoft Office skills.
- Previous teaching, child care, customer service or retail experience is preferred and a broad knowledge of libraries and basic understanding of library procedures is desirable.
- Current child abuse clearance, current state background clearance, current federal background clearance.
Submit questions or cover letter/resume to Angie Andre at email@example.com with subject heading ‘Children’s Programming Assistant’