Online Resources to Access from Home
Power Library ♦ Digital Collection ♦ Book Page
POWER Library is open 24 hours a day. POWER Library includes over 20 online databases plus over 16,000 eBooks you can read online &/or download. All you need is your library card!
Access POWER Library Kids
Access POWER Library Teens
See all that POWER Library has to offer
Borrow Digital Items
Do you use Libby, Overdrive, or Flipster? The libraries offer digital lending 24/7! Visit the CCLS eMaterials Page to get started . . .
BookList has also made their popular publication BookPage available digitally to all.
Electronic materials are one of our library’s fastest-growing expenses. Thank you to our donors, who make it possible for us to continue to invest in the electronic materials you depend on.
You can now access issues of Book Page, a great place for you to learn about new books & get recommendations, online!
Check out the newest issue now.
Instructions on How to Apply for a Library Card Online for adults 18 years and older
1. You are eligible for a free library card if you live, work, own property or attend school in Chester County. Out-of-County residents who are ACCESS PA cardholders qualify for a free library card under the ACCESS PA Statewide Library card program. For all others who wish to obtain a library card, but do not meet eligibility requirements listed above, an Out-of-County fee of up to $20 may apply.
2. If you do not have an e-mail address then you cannot submit this online form. Instead, go the Get A Library Card Page, scroll to the end of the page and choose a form to print out, fill in and bring out and bring to your local library.
3. Once you have completed the form click the “submit” button. We will process your application and you should expect to receive your new card in the mail within 3 – 5 business days.
4. The card will have an expiration of approximately 90 days. You can check the exact date by logging into your account, once you receive your card. Click here to log into your account.
5. Patrons who register online will be required to show valid ID (i.e.,driver’s license with name and address) before they may borrow materials. Photo ID is preferred but not required, as long as the document shown verifies name and address information.
6. Once your address information is verified your borrowing privileges will be established and you will be able to borrow materials at any of the Chester County Library System member libraries.
Questions may be directed to Tara Thorne or Beverly Michaels